November 22, 2008

Synchronize GreaseMonkey scripts

I use Firefox on all my machines and I use many of the same GreaseMonkey scripts across my machines too. I modify some of the GreaseMonkey scripts on a regular basis, but there is no synchronization functionality built into GreaseMonkey. I therefore end up with different GreaseMonkey scripts on my different machines.

I have solved this problem with Windows Live Sync. I create a one personal folder in Windows Live Sync and add all those GreaseMonkey scripts that should be synchronized.

In Windows Live Sync I specify the computers I want to synchronize and the folders I would like to synchronize on each computer.

All I need to do is keep sure that Windows Live Sync is running on the computers I want to be synchronized.
blog comments powered by Disqus